We invite you to join us in our adventures with our little one: watching her grow and discover.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

"little missy"

I recently changed the name of this blog from "Terry's Baby Blog" to "Adventures of 'little missy'". I wanted to give Elisa a little ownership of the blog since I started it because of her. The "little missy" part of it comes from her Papa (Jennifer's dad). He started calling Elisa "little missy" several months back because, like the rest of the world, we were keeping her name from him too. So, among the other various nicknames that she has acquired from family "little missy" is one that I think will stick.

Update: We are doing fabulous! Elisa is the most pleasant baby. She does three things and does them well: sleep, eat and poop. (I'm sure she will be really embarrassed if she ever reads that I complimented her pooping ability!) One other thing she does pretty well is scream. She can scream like an woman running from a masked murderer in a horror flick! It is pretty funny. She doesn't really cry, she just lets out a mean scream when she is mad. I am sure I will share more about this talent in the future.

We went to the pediatrician this last Thursday and he said she is doing great! After 10 days she had almost gotten back up to her birthweight and had grown 2 centimeters in length. Her mom and I are so proud! We are simply amazed at how awesome she is. I never thought that my life could be so drastically changed so fast - it has never been better!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"little missy" is adorable! And she has really changed a lot in just one week! Wow!!! She is a beautiful gift from God! :} Love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

hey cathead,

congrats! she's a doll. glad you guys are doing well. blessing to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Brazilian Baby!! I don't think I've every seen finer. God Bless your family!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Glad to hear she is doing so well. Hope Mommy is recovering smoothly too. Take naps!!! :) By the way the nickname is really cute. And yes she will someday be embarrassed by the pooping comment, along with the naked pictures, and various other things you will do as a parent. We just found out that #2 is a boy and everything looks good. I know that you remember that stage and I wanted to pass on the news. We love you all and love the pictures!
-allison & fam