We invite you to join us in our adventures with our little one: watching her grow and discover.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

What's in your mouth!?

The other day Jennifer was working on laundry downstairs. Elisa was with her just hanging out; crawling all over the place. At one point Jennifer looked over at Elisa to see her put something in her mouth. It looked like it was just a piece of string. Jennifer went over to take the "string" away from Elisa, but found that it was no "string" at all! It was actually a dead gecko! Gross!

We have geckos all over the house. It isn't uncommon to see one hanging on the wall or run across the floor. We view them as the "good guys" that eat the spiders that live with us too. To be honest, I knew that this particular dead gecko was there. I saw him on the stairs and pushed him down to the floor, thinking he was alive. When I saw that he was dead I thought, "I'm busy, I'll pick him up later." I know now that when I see something dead on the floor I should pick it up immediately and dispose of it, or Elisa will! Lesson learned.

2 comments:

Kemmel and Lisa Dunham said...

Gross!

Sascha Terry said...

As it turns out, Elisa didn't actually get the gecko in her mouth. I imagine it as one of those slow-motion sequences with Jennifer running over to Elisa yelling "NNOOOOOOO!" It was a close call though!