We invite you to join us in our adventures with our little one: watching her grow and discover.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What's the Word!?

Elisa is full of new vocabulary and I thought that I would take a minute to share what she has learned recently. Before I do I will say that all of these words are new since returning to Brazil almost a month ago. We saw her pick up several new words while in the states too. Here is a sample of what is new in the last couple of weeks.

More!? (usually meaning "hey Jack! give me more of that." unfortunately, she hasn't learned "please" yet).

Again! (or "gain" which she picked up from the song "the itsy bitsy spider" - it is the last word in the song).

Peas (she loves peas - thank goodness. we can't get this child to eat anything!)

Hi! (this is new as of 45 minutes ago - with a waving hand I might add!)

All done. (a sentence!!! to signify that she has completed a meal. she usually is rubbing her hands together as if cleaning them while saying this).

There may be a couple of more words that I am forgetting. However, the granddaddy isn't even a word. Just a couple of days ago she started giving kisses! We can say "give Mama a kiss" and she will lean in and kiss Jenn right on the smacker! It is the sweetest thing I have ever seen! I just got her to give me my first kiss goodnight a few minutes ago. What a lucky dad I am. Anyway, this is our update for now. Stay tuned for more...

No comments: