We invite you to join us in our adventures with our little one: watching her grow and discover.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

I Made Waffles for You Tonight

I got a phone call at 2:30 this morning. It was my dad telling me that my grandmother had passed away. She was diagnosed with leukemia last month and had a weak heart, so it was very expected. Base on what I had been told over the last couple of weeks she was prepared and at peace. I praise and thank the Lord for that.

Although I am sad about my grandmother's passing I have tried to reflect on some of my memories of my her today. What do I remember about you, Grandma Wanda?

I remember that you were a great lady who had the sweetest, little girl giggle. I remember how when you were frustrated with my grandfather you would say "Oh, Hilton!" is such a way I always laughed a little inside. I remember when cousin Sarah and I stayed with you and Grandpa Hilton for a week one summer. We went to the mall a lot so that you could walk (rehab for a hip replacement) and you would buy us a bunch of junk that we didn't need. I will always remember hearing stories about the way you blessed so many people's lives with your warm, servant heart - no matter where in the world you may have been. I remember that you were the first person to make me a home-made waffle - Eggo has nothin' on Grandma Wanda's waffles! I remember how you took care of my great grandfather (your father) when he was ill. I remember hearing the story of how you and Grandpa Hilton raced your motorized carts at Wal-Mart when you came to Colorado Springs for our wedding! I remember the way you looked at Elisa the first time you saw her. I remember all the times you told me you were proud of me and that you loved me. I remember the love and respect I have always felt for such a wonderful, compassionate servant of the Kingdom; for such a respectful daughter; for such a loyal and loving wife; for such a tender mother; and for such a caring and proud grandmother and great grandmother. I will remember you always. I love you, Grandma.

Wanda Louise Terry
May 31, 1927 - January 30, 2008

P.S. - I made waffles for you tonight.

1 comment:

laura jo said...

wanda terry was your g'ma? i didn't know that!