We invite you to join us in our adventures with our little one: watching her grow and discover.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Father's Day in Brazil

Today was Father's Day in Brazil. This was by far the best of the 3 Father's Days that I have celebrated as a daddy. As Elisa gets a little older her ability to interact becomes deeper and a lot more fun. She knew that it was a special day for me. She made me some sugar cookies and put them in a tin can that she had decorated for a present. It was really sweet (no pun intended). We went out to the Salgado's for house church this morning a celebrated Father's Day with home-made cinnamon rolls that Jennifer whipped up last night. They were awesome. Then my sweet girls took me out to lunch at the Outback Steakhouse (Father's Day tradition). After lunch I went out to the Chácara for a graduation celebration that was an amazing experience. I really enjoyed my time with my family and friends today. It was a Father's Day I won't soon forget.

Here are some pictures of me and Elisa enjoying our time at the Outback Steakhouse today:

What a silly little girl!

Giving Daddy sugars.

Watching US Men's Basketball destroy China!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea! what great pictures! i see that you've pulled out the sweaters. is that winter weather upon you?? happy belated father's day, saschmatash!

Jennifer W said...

Aww, I love that picture of Elisa in the sunglasses in your header. She is growing up so fast! Your comment made me laugh. Sometimes "no comment" is the most appropriate. Man, sometimes life feels crazy doesn't it? At least I can keep a sense of humor. What else is there? Look forward to you meeting Avelyn next year ;)