We invite you to join us in our adventures with our little one: watching her grow and discover.

Monday, November 03, 2008

Without Mommy: Day 1, Part 2

So, everything went according to plan. We actually ended things a little early. I just put Elisa down for the night and it is just now 7:45. Good deal!

I really wanted to put another post out there for today because of some great Elisa quotes and funny things she did. I will do my best to recap, but they pretty much went like this:

Quote/funny thing 1:
As I was drying Elisa's pull-ups after she peed on them a little while sitting on the potty she said, "my panties are all wet." I said, "just on the outside. You can still wear them." Elisa: "My britches are all wet." Me: "No, they're dry." Elisa: "That's cool!"

Quote/funny thing 2:
As we pulled up to our house from taking Claudio home (7pm) Elisa shouts "we're home!" Then she said, "I sleepin' in the car." I looked in the rear view mirror to see her lay her head to the side and close her eyes, pretending to be asleep. I laughed out loud which made her laugh too. It was really cute and funny.

Quote/funny thing 3:
We always say a prayer before bedtime. Most times when I put Elisa down she wants me to pray. Tonight she prayed. This is her prayer almost word for word:

Me: "Dear God..."

Elisa: "Thank you for this day. Thank you Mommy went on airplane. Thank you for Aunt Benay and Garrett and Giovanni. Thank you Garrett has clothes and teeth. And thank you for Benay and Garrett and Giovanni and Carys."

Me: "In Jesus' Name"

Elisa: "AAAAAAAMEN!"


I wish I could record everything she says. There was one thing today that she said that made me laugh and I can't remember what it was. All I remember was that her reaction to my laugh was "I silly!" She is indeed... one precious, silly, little girl.

No comments: