We invite you to join us in our adventures with our little one: watching her grow and discover.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Without Mommy: Day 3

Today was a pretty decent day for us. We played, got some things done and we got out of the house a couple of times.

We started off a little slow because I was expecting a guy to come a repair part of the ceiling that decided to come falling down last week. Our back sliding glass door has drywall around the frame that started to crack and come loose. I made a call to get it fixed about a month ago. We didn't get anything set up until last Thursday. The same day that I talked to the repair guy the dry wall gave way and came crashing down. Thankfully, injuries were avoided. It happened to fall when Jennifer and I were out on a date. Elisa was asleep upstairs. The crash of the drywall falling woke her up and scared the babysitter half to death!

Here you can see where the drywall just decided to fall and crash to the ground.

Anyway, the guy who was going to come didn't make it. We rescheduled for next week. So, Elisa and I hung out around the house until 11 or so. Before lunch we made a break to the store to get some essentials and check out the pet store. She loves looking at the puppies and kitty cats. Once we are settled in the States we might need to look into getting her a furry buddy.

After a hearty pbj sandwhich Elisa took another awesome 3 hour nap while I hit the cleaning duties. On thing I wanted to get done was final preparations for our backyard swimming pool. I don't do too much during the winter to keep it clean. So, for the last month or so I have been trying to get it ready so we can swim. As hot as it has been this week we might get some pool action in on Friday. I had seen some debris in the pool from the upstairs window. When I went down to fish it out I saw that it wasn't what you would call debris. It was what you would call a dead baby bird! I don't know what it is with the birds around our house, but I have picked up a lot of their dead bodies since we have lived here. This was the 2nd dead bird since Sunday (the first one wasn't in the pool).

After cleaning duties I decided to do some blogging. I wrote some of my thoughts about the U.S. Presidency on our other blog. If you care at all you can check it out here. Yesterday I felt moved to write about the things that I will miss about Brazil. You can read about that here if you would like.

Elisa woke up from her nap around 4 o'clock. We played for about an hour and then decided to go on a walk. We walked around the track at a nearby park for about 30 minutes. While we were walking I noticed a lot of dandelions. We had a fun moment of me trying to teach Elisa how to blow the seeds. She is so cute. Her soft breath didn't even phase the dandelion seeds.

We got home around quarter til 6 and started watching a Baby Einstein movie. She ate, played and then got ready for bed. Like clockwork she was down at 7. Now I'm blogging and will give Jennifer a call in about 2 minutes.

We had a pretty good day - no accidents. We are making it, but really missing Mommy. Countdown to her walking in the door: Approximately 50 hours.

No comments: