We invite you to join us in our adventures with our little one: watching her grow and discover.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Without Mommy: Day 4

We are officially tired of not having Mommy around!

Elisa and I (mainly me) were pretty bored this morning so we took off for a little walk around the mall action. It was raining this morning, leaving our options of things to do limited. Going to the mall turned out being a pretty good move. They had just gotten all the Christmas decorations out! They don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Brazil, so usually around November 1st all the Christmas stuff comes out. I love this time of year here. It doesn't feel like the States because it is disgustingly hot, but Brazilian shops and malls do it up right with the decorations.

Elisa and I walked around admiring all there was to see. We walked from one end of the mall to the other and back. At the far end they had the Santa set-up. Elisa looked at him and gasped "Wanna say 'hi' to Santa Claus, Daddy?!" It was so cute. She crept up to about 10 feet from him, positioned herself behind one of my legs and yelled out "Oi!" through a pacifier and clinched teeth! I told Santa that we would come back at another time to take a picture since Mommy wasn't with us.

Santa was at the base of a large Christmas tree that was 3 stories in height! There was a little walk way that actually went through the tree. There were all kinds of fun things to see that had her little eyes practically popping out of the sockets! We will probably go back tomorrow morning!

Lunch was pretty uneventful. Elisa took nearly a 4 hour nap, which allowed me to get more cleaning done. That was really helpful. Thanks, Elisa!

In the afternoon we played for a bit and read a couple of books. We watched a couple of little shows on Discovery Kids and had a chance to talk to Mommy on the phone for a few minutes.

After Elisa went down this evening I watched "Speed Racer" then finished up what cleaning I didn't get down earlier in the day. I had planned on cleaning the garage real good tomorrow, but frankly, I'm a little worn out. Actually, I'm a lot worn out. I will probably make cleaning the garage and cutting the grass my two major projects for next week. The house is already immaculate and that is all that matters!

Jennifer gets home tomorrow and we just couldn't be more ready. Unfortunately, she won't get here until sometime around 10:30 or 11pm. By then Elisa will have been asleep for a while. She won't get to see her mommy until Saturday morning. Oh well.

Here is a great conversation that Elisa and I had early this morning:

Daddy: "What would you like for breakfast, Elisa? Would you like oatmeal with sprinkles or toast?"

Elisa: "Elisa wants yogurt!"

Daddy: "You can have yogurt, but you need something else with it."

Elisa: "Elisa wants yogurt with sprinkles! That's a good idea!"

No comments: